Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fashion Focus Saturdays!

     Hey everyone! I want to introduce something to everyone: Fashion Focus! Fashion Focus is a program I am a part of that teaches confidence through modeling to young ladies. I joined this program a year ago, and I am head over heels in love with it! I used to be so shy before I started at Fashion Focus, but now I am barely shy at all, and I even have a blog and youtube channel! The owner, Maria Wood, has taught me so much! I have learned everything from skincare and makeup basics, to public speaking and social etiquette! Girls from every where all over the South Shore area of Massachusetts come to attend this program that is located in Pembroke, MA. If you live in this area and think that Fashion Focus sounds like something you are interested in, definitely check it out!

     Last weekend, I attended the level one teen class to share with you guys more about what students learn at Fashion Focus. The class I attended was all about runway modeling for beginners, and is a fabulous class to learn from. Before the girls started rocking the runway, Maria gave them all a talk about poise, posture, and confidence; all three very important values at Fashion Focus.

Maria explaining the importance of poise, not only on the runway, but in real life too.
     Then teen student and Fashion Focus veteran Sam showed the teen one student how balance a book on your head while walking the runway. This helps students practice poise, posture, and confidence all at once on the runway. After Sam was done, the students had a chance to try it out!

Sam doing a fabulous job of showing all three values, poise, posture, and confidence,
 while balancing the book.

Maria helping a student to be more confident in heels!



     After that it was time to teach the students some poses and turns. This is what they learned:

The sheet every student was given in this class.
     Here's what it looked like:

Sam showing the girls how to spin on the runway!

Everyone practicing their spins!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...